5 Signs of a Water Leak
A tap leaking is obvious, but what are some other ways we can detect there is a leak?
High Water Bill
Suppose you have noticed that your water bill has been much higher than it usually is lately. Even though you have not been using much more water than you normally do, this might mean a leak in your home.
Increase in Water Meter
You should watch your water meter at home, especially if you suspect that you may have a concealed leak in your house. All you have to do is compare your water meter to what it regularly was and if you have noticed a big increase. Then this is a sign that your home may have a water leak that will require leak detection.
When you hear a hissing noise coming from your pipes, then this is almost a definite sign that your home leaks. In this case, you should call a professional immediately because a leak usually causes the hissing in a high-pressure pipe. If this pipe ends up busting, it can cause significant damage to your home.
Have you noticed mould spots or your house has a mouldy smell? This is a sign that your home has been present for around at least 24 hours. Mould can only grow in damp and moist environments.
Certain types of mould can grow within at least 24 hours. Mould can be extremely harmful to your health, so it is always best to get the leak sorted and properly remove the mould as soon as possible.
Water leaks usually result in a few water stains or marks around your home. You may notice these water stains on the side of your walls or even on your ceiling. Water damage can even cause your paint to bubble or peel.
If you have noticed these stains and marks around your home, then it is time to call a professional to detect the leak and repair it. The last thing you want is for this leak to cause even further damage to your home.
Tools used in a leak detection include
- Thermal imaging camera – this is a non-invasive way of finding leaks that may be in hot water pipes. These cameras can identify temperature differences and identify a leak.
- Tracer gas consists of hydrogen and nitrogen, making it safe to use in clean water. Using this tool to detect a leak is non-corrosive and will not be toxic to the water supply.
- Acoustic sound detection – this tool simply uses the sound that leaks usually cause to identify a leak. The device can be placed close to the leak’s location and will be able to hear the hissing noise of the leak.
Water leaks can cause quite a lot of trouble in your home. Not only will these water leaks lead to water waste, but they can also cause damage to your home, which is the last thing anyone wants to deal with.
Thankfully, professional plumbers like us can do leak detections to find these leaks and repair them before causing any further damage to your home.
our other services
Having any type of electrical work done in your home can be overwhelming. Luckily, you can decide to hire an electrician who will take care of any electrical problem you might have at home. This includes working with outlets and relocation of switches it is always best to stick with an electrician. While it might seem like a simple task to do on your own. Having an electrician will ensure that it is done properly and it will be less likely for there to be electrical issues in your home later on.
Maintenance, commercial and residential. Licensed and insured. Quality solutions for all your electrical needs.
Repairs and new installs. We offer all forms of plumbing for residential, commercial, and strata properties. Our plumbing expertise stems from a wealth of experience gathered from past projects.
It’s very important to get your appliances inspected and serviced as soon as possible before they become a safety concern.
what our clients are saying
We take pride in the expertise on many projects
We pride ourselves on quality service and workmanship. All our electricians are fully licensed and comply with Workplace Health & Safety standards. We have strict quality controls.
Electrical Services include:
- Fault Finding
- Light & Switch Maintenance
- Switchboard Upgrades
- Electrical Switch Installation & Repairs
- Smoke Alarms
- TV Antennas
- Exhaust Fans
- Electrical Wall Heaters
- Hot Water Units
- Electrical Outlet & Switch Relocation
- Light fixture installation & repairs
- Outdoor lighting installation
- Power restoration
- Fan repairs
Our team is known for its exceptional communication. We help you through those stressful kitchen renovations, sort out the tree roots causing your blocked drains, inspect your gas fitting for a gas leak, and give advice on your hot water system.
Plumbing Services include:
- Taps repairs
- Tap installation
- Burst pipes
- Leak Detection & Repairs
- Toilet Installation
- Toilet Repairs
- Blocked Drains
- Burst Pipes
- Installations & Replacements
- Gas Works
- Hot Water Units
- Roof Services
- Basin Repairs and Installation
- Traps and Wastes
- Water & Gas Pipe work
- Shower repair
- Sewers & Stormwaters
- Drain cleaning
- Drainage Systems
- Toilet installation
- Toilet repair
- Water heater installation
- Water heater repair
Do you need your appliances serviced, replaced or installed? We service your appliances to stop any issues in their tracks.
Our Appliance work includes:
- Service Cooktops
- Supply & Replace Gas Cook Tops
- Supply & Replace Gas Ovens
- Supply & Replace Dishwashers
- Supply & Replace Electric Hot Water Units
- Supply & Replace Electric Gas Hot Water Units
- Supply & Replace Electric Instantaneous Hot Water Units
- Supply & Replace Electric Ovens
- Supply & Replace Rangehoods
- Supply & Replace Electric Cook Tops
- Service Hot Water Units
- Service Electric Ovens